Wednesday, September 28, 2005

oranges and nannies

alrighty today nothing important happened, but thats all right, i plan to post anyways. so i had the song "bent" by matchbox 20 stuck in my head all day, which got annoying after a while. i dunno how it is for anyone else but if i have a song stuck in my head the only way for me to stop singing it (mentally that is) is to play it really loud a couple of times and then i can go about my day. so yes, incidently i just came back after listening to the song twice superly loud b/c no one was in my house, thus no one to whine about the volume. now im listening to bill cosby skits cuz i think he's incredibly funny.

complete topic switch- i heard the weirdest song yesterday. it was awesome, probably made a good while back. i dunno how it all goes but the main theme of the song is about this guy baking a cake, and someone leaving that cake out in the rain, and how it took this guy so long to bake it, and that he'll never have that recipe again! whats great is that he sings it like it were a love song, kinda sounded like frank sinatura. but yeah, the only other place ive ever heard this song was while watching verticle limit (in the beginning, right before the dad dies, he's singing this song and his daughter is telling him that there was no way that, that song was an actaul song). but yeah, i need to remember waht its called and who sings it because i really wanna hear it, but there's no way im gonna search through out my entire library.

in reference to yesterday, i did buy the dance of the sugar plum fairies, and i was happy to find that there was no singing barbie in it, and am quite satisified.

im also happy because i havent read a good book for a long while. see my online activities combined with my school work and my inate sense of laziness was keeping me from reading. it was really quite sad for a complete bookworm to go so long without reading a good book. but now i have more time, thus am back to my old ways. though, i know that tiff and all them are going to get annoyed with me soon because im starting to read in my classes again instead of talking to them...

thats all i got to say.

quoteoftheday~ "that liar! It just doesnt work... you cant have oranges and nannies!"



ooooh, im editing my post because i just found the lyrics to that cake song. its called "Mac Arthur Park" by Andy Williams.

There will be another song for me
For I will sing it
There will be another dream for me
Someone will bring it
I will drink the wine while it is warm
And never let you catch me looking at the sky
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
You’ll still be the one.

I will take my life into my hands
And I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes
And I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
And my passions flow like rivers through the sky.
But after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
I’ll be thinking of you
And wonderin’ why.

Macarthur park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down...
Someone left the cake out in the rain
And I don’t think that I can take it
’cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!
Oh, no-o-o







last time im editing this post.
my LITTLE brother just got a ipod nano! this pisses me off to the umpteenth degree. he claims he bought it, but really my parents did. its so bloody unfair, i work ten times as hard as he does and have been asking for one longer, AND music really isnt even his thing. *(*#()$+ (*I^*&#% &@%!@($!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home